The CRC Pony Club
CRC PONY CLUB
Our CRC Pony Club is a really great way of learning to ride, understanding how to care for horses, gaining recognised badges and awards, making lots of like minded friends and having loads of fun!
Each session takes place on Monday evening or Sunday Morning and are for an hour and a half.
Cost is £25 per session and includes half an hours riding
Please note that during The covid 19 Restrictions, the following points must be observed:
- A minimum of one meter distance must be observed at all times by all members
- All Members must wear their hats, gloves and boots at all times
- All Members must provide their own PPE and sanitisation.
- Toilets can be used if necessary but we ask that all members to leave the toilets as they have found them.
- All members must only arrive 10 minutes before their session and go straight to the station that they have been allocated. They must stay with their appointed group and leave the centre as soon as their session is over.
- We would ask that members do not attend if they are showing any Covid 19 symptoms
Our Monday Night CRC Pony Club is made up of three group of up to six riders which are divided into 3 categories at the following times:
- MINI PONY CLUB- Suitable for age 5-9 year olds. Time: 4.30pm-6pm
- JUNIOR PONY CLUB- Suitable for age 10-16 year olds. Time: 6pm-7.30pm
Our Sunday Morning CRC Pony Club is made up of three group of up to six riders which are divided into 3 categories and takes place at the following Time:
- SUNDAY PONY CLUB- Suitable for age 5-12 year olds. Time: 10.30am-12pm
Our CRC Pony Club is run course by course (usually 8 weeks) by qualified staff who are very experienced with children.
Each session is well structured and organised and all activities are fully supervised throughout.
The objectives of The CRC Pony Club are:
- to encourage young people to ride and to learn to enjoy all kinds of sport connected with horses and riding
- to give instruction in riding and horsemastership and to educate Members to look after and to take proper care of their animal
- to promote the highest ideals of sportsmanship, citizenship and loyalty to create strength of character and self-discipline
- All participants MUST be a member of CRC Pony Club
- All members must complete the following rider registration form and agree to our terms and conditions before riding at our centre. once the form is submitted, you will be sent a code which you must provide when you attend our centre: https://www.carrington-rc.com/rider-registration-form/
- All Riders Must be off the Lead
- Every session must be booked and paid for at least one week in advance. We cannot accomodate any rider who hasn’t booked and paid in advance for their session.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your lesson time, unfortunately we cannot extend the lesson for late arrivals.
- Please wear suitable footwear i.e. a boot or shoe with a small heel, gloves and a safety hat that confirms with the current standards of PAS 015 and BS Kitemark. you are welcome to borrow one of our hats if you do not have one.
- The riding time is inclusive of the time spent mounting and dismounting and checking rider’s stirrups and girths.
- Clients are requested not to bring dogs to the Centre.
- Please do not feed the Horse & Ponies, dogs or cat that live at the Centre.
- Please note that although we will do our best, we cannot guarantee that you will have a specific instructor or horse/pony for your lesson.
- The maximum weight for riders is 13 stone (riders will be weighed at our discretion).
- Cancellations – As discussed on the phone, once a booking is made, we cannot cancel or transfer it.
- Please note the following ‘Riders’ Code of Conduct’ which you should read carefully:
- I understand that riding at any standard has inherent risk and that all horses may react unpredictably on occasions.
- I may fall off and could be injured. I accept that risk.
- I understand that instructions are given for my safety and agree to follow instructions given to me by staff and instructors of the riding school.
- I understand that wearing an appropriate riding hat and body protector may reduce the severity of an injury should an accident happen and agree that I will always wear a riding hat whilst riding, leading and grooming horses at the riding school. I understand it is my choice whether or not I wear a body protector.
- I understand that the riding school will make decisions based on information I give them and agree to always be honest and volunteer information about: my abilities and riding experience, any previous riding accidents, any medical condition(s) which may affect my ability to ride
- I understand that children are at particular risk around horses and agree that I will keep any children that I am responsible for, under close supervision when they are not being instructed by the riding school.
- I understand that the riding school may refuse my request to ride for safety or operational reasons.
- I understand that competing carries enhanced risk over and above general riding and agree that if I chose to participate in any competition or event, it is up to me to ensure that I have the experience and ability to ride the course including any jumps which form part of it. If I am in any doubt, I will use my judgment and experience and not enter.